- Our Story
- Our Work
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
What is website accessibility?
Website accessibility is about making website content available to all users, particularly those with disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities regardless of their browsing technology.
How we have made our website accessible
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to creating an accessible online environment for all visitors to our web site. This web site is designed to be optimized for all accessibility devices and makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices.
- high contrast, easy to read body fonts and font sizes
- large, bold buttons
- skip navigation so screen readers can jump right to the content
- alternate text tags on images so they can be read
- heading tags so screen reader users can skim to the content that's important to them
- design that is XHTML strict standard compliant (the web standard for accessibility)
If you experience problems accessing any of the information on our site, please contact email@example.com and we will try our best to fix the problem or provide the information in an alternative format.