- Our Story
- Our Work
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
All applicants should be incorporated, non-profit organizations and have a valid charitable/business number from Canada Revenue Agency, or First Nations Bands designated as qualified donees.
To check that your number is in good standing visit Canada Revenue Agency or call them at 1-800-267-2384
Each of our three grant areas have different eligibility and criteria. Specific guidelines for each granting area are posted when the application process opens. Organizations are encouraged to read this document carefully before completing the application.
Grant proposals are accepted only during scheduled application periods: we do not accept unsolicited proposals outside of this time.
Requests for proposals will be posted on the site at the following times:
- Violence Prevention grants: Applications for the next round of funding will be available in December 2015.
- Economic Development grants: Applications for the next round of funding will be available in 2015.
- Girls’ Fund grants: Applications for the next round of funding will be available in Fall 2015.
Please note: we do not fund
- federal, provincial or municipal government agencies and school boards (they can be involved in a project but the grant will be made to a women’s organization directly)
- profit-based organizations
- fundraising events
- projects outside of Canada
- projects not solely or primarily focused on women and girls (although violence prevention projects for teens may involve both girls and boys)
- deficit or emergency funding
- conferences, films or videos
- capital campaigns or expenditures such as furniture or computers
- self-defense training (if it is the only component of a violence prevention project)