- Our Story
- Our Work
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
Our commitment to you
You can trust your gift will be wisely invested.
You will be helping women and girls who are most at risk, in rural or urban communities with the fewest services.
We are strongly committed to running a lean, efficient organization. We work very hard to keep our costs low. We negotiate discounts on everyday services like printing and use pro-bono (no cost) legal services. We rarely pay for advertising – almost all of it is donated. In total, we receive over $3 million in donated goods and services each year.
We also have over 600 volunteers. They advise us on which programs to fund, serve on our Board of Directors, organize our events and fundraising campaigns and help to promote our work. The total value of their donated time is estimated at $500,000. While our volunteers do not receive any remuneration or honoraria for their work, we do give them small thank-you gifts—these have been donated too!
Every year, this adds up to over 3 million dollars in donated goods, services, and time. Thanks to this approach, we are able to keep our administrative costs very low—on average, under 13%.
You can also be confident in our ethical standards – we adhere to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code, which was created to help donors evaluate a charity’s financial and fundraising practices.
You may also want to explore some of our internal policies:
- Our Gift Acceptance Policy determines the types of donations we will accept.
- Our Conflict of Interest Policy ensures that our staff and volunteers do not benefit from any of our funding investments or any purchase of goods and services.
- We also work hard to provide a safe and respectful workplace for our staff and volunteers, as described in our Respect for the Workplace Policy.
Our Accessability Standard for Customer Service includes our policy and procedures for all people with a disability to access our services, remembering the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal
- If you invest in our endowment, your gift is managed according to the guidelines in our Investment Policy.
- Our Online Communications Policy helps employees and volunteers speak about their involvement with the Canadian Women’s Foundation in an open, transparent and responsible way.