- Our Story
- Our Work
- Your Money at Work
- Stop the violence
- End poverty
- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- The Facts About Women and Poverty
- The Facts About The Gender Wage Gap In Canada
- The Canadian Women’s Foundation Leadership Institute
- Empower girls
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
The Institute – An Integrated and Holistic Response to Leadership
The Canadian Women’s Foundation Leadership Institute is a multi-year pilot project undertaken in partnership with the Coady International Institute at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
The Leadership Institute is now recruiting for the 2015/16 cohort. The Leadership Institute builds the leadership capacity of emerging and mid-career women leaders working on community economic development (CED) issues in the women’s charitable and non-profit sectors across the country. This one-year program focuses on women-centered leadership.
The program is delivered using Coady Institute’s innovative and blended approach to asset-based leadership development. Educational methods incorporate a participant-focused, flexible learning agenda underpinned by strong adult education principles, technical expertise, and technological support. The program draws on personal insight, theory, and practical application.
This intense one-year program focuses addresses:
- personal leadership skills development
- organizational development to strengthen and lead effective organizations and
- community development and policy/advocacy skills to create or contribute to social change.