- Our Story
- Our Work
- Your Money at Work
- Stop the violence
- End poverty
- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- The Facts About Women and Poverty
- The Facts About The Gender Wage Gap In Canada
- The Canadian Women’s Foundation Leadership Institute
- Empower girls
- Inclusive Leadership
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
The Institute – An Integrated and Holistic Response to Leadership
The Canadian Women’s Foundation Leadership Institute is a multi-year pilot project undertaken in partnership with the Coady International Institute at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
The Leadership Institute builds the leadership capacity of emerging and mid-career women leaders working on community economic development (CED) issues in the women’s charitable and non-profit sectors across the country. This one-year program focuses on women-centered leadership.
The program is delivered using Coady Institute’s innovative and blended approach to asset-based leadership development. Educational methods incorporate a participant-focused, flexible learning agenda underpinned by strong adult education principles, technical expertise, and technological support. The program draws on personal insight, theory, and practical application.
This intense one-year program focuses addresses:
- personal leadership skills development
- organizational development to strengthen and lead effective organizations and
- community development and policy/advocacy skills to create or contribute to social change.