CANADIAN WOMEN’S FOUNDATION
STRATEGIC PLAN 2018
Canada, this is the moment to advance gender equity.
It’s an extraordinary time for gender equity—a time of marches, #MeToo, and unprecedented public awareness. At the Canadian Women’s Foundation, this renewed momentum has increased our sense of urgency: this is the moment to build on the progress we’ve made, or risk losing the ground we’ve gained.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is positioned to transform the energy of this moment into progress on gender equity. In consultation with our supporters, we have created a strategic plan that maps a clear path to advancing gender equity over the next few years. It provides a refreshed and bold vision and a renewed set of priorities for the Foundation.
Of course, none of this would be possible without your support. We look forward to your continued involvement as we take the next steps on this journey to advance gender equity for women and girls in Canada!
A Canada where gender equity is realized for all women and girls.
To be a catalyst for the most innovative programs, policies, and public engagement efforts creating transformative change in the lives of women and girls in Canada.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Women-centred, feminist
- National in scope
- Focused on reflecting and responding to the unique needs of local communities through our grant-making
- Grounded in an intersectional feminist approach
- Collaborative and inclusive in all our work
- Committed to integrating the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action where connected to our work
- Committed to advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through our work towards gender equity
- Appreciative of our valued donors and volunteers, whom we see as key strategic partners
- Wise and prudent stewards of funds
- Bold, proactive, courageous
WHAT WE DO
- Attract and inspire philanthropy
- Invest in women and girls
- Build capacity
- Advocate and mobilize for change
- Amplify national conversations through thought leadership
HOW WE DO IT
- Prevent Gender-Based Violence
- Alleviate Poverty and Support Women’s Economic Development
- Promote Inclusive Leadership
- Champion Girls’ Empowerment
WHY WE DO IT
To empower more women and girls to move themselves out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership.