In just over a month, our current President and CEO Beverley Wybrow will retire from the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
To celebrate Bev’s outstanding leadership and devotion to the Canadian Women’s Foundation, a fund has been set up in her honour. In lieu of a retirement gift, consider a donation to the Beverley Wybrow Fund that will help support transformative work to move women out of poverty, out of violence and into confidence.
We invite you to share your favourite memory or cherished highlight of Bev’s career in the comment section below. These messages will be collected and shared with Bev in the New Year.
Over the last 22 years, under Bev’s guidance and leadership, the Canadian Women’s Foundation has:
- Granted over $35 million to over 1,300 programs in communities from coast to coast to coast to end violence, help low-income women move out of poverty and empower girls
- Grown from a handful of bold donors to over 9,000 individuals and corporations donating annually to support women and girls
- Adapted to tackle emerging issues facing women and girls in Canada, including our most recent work to end human trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation
- Brought together countless organizations from across Canada to share best practices and knowledge
- Changed the lives of thousands of women and girls across Canada, helping them move out of poverty, out of violence and into confidence
We know you share a deep feeling of respect and admiration for Bev, especially for her profound role in helping countless women and girls in Canada. We invite you to consider a contribution to the Beverley Wybrow Fund as your way of personally thanking Bev for her tireless efforts.
As Gloria Steinem commented, thanks to Bev’s vision, the Canadian Women’s Foundation is “a bright star in the women’s funding movement”.
On behalf of all of us at the Canadian Women’s Foundation, thank you for your continued support.