It’s easy to get caught up in a shopping frenzy with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Today, however, is an opportunity to change trajectory. It’s Giving Tuesday, a day when Canadians get the chance to give back by donating their time or money to a non-profit they support to make the world a better place.
Giving Tuesday is also a day when the Canadian Women’s Foundation gets to give back to our donors across the country.
Our supporters believe deeply that improving the lives of women and girls is the smartest way to build a better life for all of us. It’s the ripple effect: when we invest in women and girls, families become safer, communities become stronger, and Canada becomes more prosperous.
Together, we have raised more than $70 million, which has been invested in front-line community organizations in hundreds of communities in every province and territory in Canada. Incredibly, over the last 24 years 250,000 people have attended one of our funded programs!
On behalf of our Board of Directors, staff and every woman and girl that you have helped support, THANK YOU!
Our Dream for Women and Girls in Canada
As we move into 2016, we are looking to the future and want to share with you our dream for women and girls in Canada. Our dream is that Canada will lead the world by building the first generation to experience real gender equality. We call this dream GEN1.
Think about that for a moment – the first generation in Canada to experience real gender equality. Because all of the issues affecting women and girls today – violence, poverty, girls’ lack of confidence – are rooted in inequality.
I invite you to join us in achieving real gender equality in Canada by joining GEN1.
We will be announcing various GEN1 initiatives throughout the coming year, but to start off, we’re launching the GEN1 Monthly Giving program. When it comes to donating, monthly giving is your wisest choice. For the price of your daily coffee, you can make a lasting difference in the lives of women and girls across Canada. As a monthly donor:
- You provide sustained resources that help us plan our work, reduce administrative costs and increase the impact of your investment,
- Your pre-approved donation is automatically withdrawn on the 15th of each month, making it convenient way to give, and
- You receive regular updates about the impact of your donation, as well as invitations to special events.
This holiday season, please consider becoming a GEN1 monthly donor.
Together we can achieve the first generation to experience real gender equality in Canada – the first generation free of violence, with equal economic opportunity and inclusive leadership. Let’s build GEN1.
- Day 6: Why the Question "Why Doesn't She Just Leave?" Hurts My Ears
- Day 5: The Myth of Access to Justice for Women in Canada
- Day 4: Leave? Easier Said Than Done
- Join GEN1. Become a monthly donor and help us build the first generation free of violence against women.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to have our latest stories and resources sent to your inbox.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to join a national conversation on gender equality.