GIRLS’ FUND GRANTS 2020-2024
We are no longer accepting applications for these grants.
If you have submitted a Letter of Intent, please use the following link to access your application: My Account
Organizations can apply for grants that address one of the following goals:
- Girls’ Programs – up to $40,000/year to support weekly programs for girls between the ages of 9 and 13.
- Girls’ Mentoring Programs – up to $40,000/year to support a program for girls involving formal mentoring and matching of small groups of girls between the ages of 9 to 13 with one mentor or team of mentors.
- Combined Girls’ Program and Girls’ Group Mentoring Program – up to $40,000/year to support an organization to provide a continuum of programming involving both a weekly girls’ program and group mentoring.
- National or Regional Networks – up to $40,000/year to develop networks that strengthen and enhance the capacity of girl-serving organizations across a region or nationally.
To be considered for a grant under the Girls’ Fund Grant, your program or initiative is required to meet the following:
- Must focus on girls between the ages of 9 and 13
- Must be inclusive of all girls. The Canadian Women’s Foundation embraces an inclusive definition of “women” and “girls” that includes people who identify as women, girls, trans, genderqueer, gender non-binary, Two-Spirit, and gender questioning. An inclusive environment means all participants feel safe and supported, however they may identify.
- Must have valid charitable number from Canada Revenue Agency or be a First Nation that is designated by Canada Revenue Agency as a or be working with a partner who fits this eligibility requirement.
This call for proposals involves a two stage process. Interested organizations are invited to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) using the online form. A select number of organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal, including detailed workplan, budget and partner letters. All applicants will be notified as to whether they will pass to the second stage by email within 6 to 8 weeks following the due date for the LOIs.
Please note that we will only accept one application per organization in this grant stream.
If the Canadian Women’s Foundation has funded a project previously, you may reapply, but please note that we will only fund the same project for two funding cycles.
The submission deadline is Monday, November 4, 2019 at 11:59pm PST. Proposals submitted after this date will not be considered.
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE:
If you have any questions about your application, please check the, , and the document.
If you have any further questions, please e-mail or telephone:
Phone: 416-365-1444 Fax: 416-365-1745
Toll free: 1-866-293-4483 TTY: 416-365-1732
Janine Rocha (ext. 227)
Program Manager, Community Initiatives
Phaedra Maicantis (ext. 263)
Grants Administrator, Community Initiatives
Need more information?
To learn more about our Girls’ Fund work:
- Read our , see our
These grants are made possible by generous support of:
Founding Donor of Mentoring for Girls:
Nancy Baron of the W. Garfield Weston Foundation
Founding Partners of the Girls’ Fund:
Ann Southam Empowerment Fund at Canadian Women’s Foundation, RBC Foundation, Zukerman Family Foundation
Girls’ Fund Donors:
Julie and Rick George, Giant Tiger, Lynda Hamilton, The Haynes-Connell Foundation at the Toronto Community Foundation, Anne Larson, La Maison Simons Inc, Andrea Miller, Praxair, Reitmans (Canada) Limited, TD Bank Group
and our many other corporate partners, individual donors, and private family foundations throughout the country.