REBUILDING LIVES GRANTS 2020-2023
Deadline: January 7, 2020 at 11:59pm PST
Register for the online application portal, here.
Once you have registered and logged in, please use the following link to access your application in progress: My Account
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is now accepting Letters of Intent for Rebuilding Lives grants.
Organizations can apply for grants in one of the two following areas:
- Rebuilding Lives:
Programs, projects and initiatives that support women, Two-Spirit, trans, and non-binary people, and their children, who have experienced violence.
- Collaborative Projects:
Research, policy, capacity-building, and advocacy programs, projects, and initiatives that support systemic change efforts on a local, regional or national scale.
To be considered for a Rebuilding Lives grant, your program, project, or initiative is required to meet the following:
- Women or gender equality organizations with significant experience in working with survivors of violence such as shelters, sexual assault centres, and organizations providing a continuum of services and connection to the community
- Understand the intersection of violence with factors such as race, class, gender and sexual identity, (dis)ability, immigration status, language or geography
- Use an asset-based, positive approach that centers survivors’ knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate approaches to create and maintain safer/braver spaces during program time that encourage participants to speak up, and consideration given to the safety of program participants and staff outside of program spaces
- Must have valid charitable number from Canada Revenue Agency or be a First Nation that is designated by Canada Revenue Agency as a qualified donee or be working with a partner who fits this eligibility requirement.
This call for proposals involves a two stage process. Interested organizations are invited to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) using the online form. A select number of organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal, including detailed workplan, budget, and partner letters. All applicants will be notified as to whether they will pass to the second stage by email within 4 to 6 weeks following the due date for the LOIs.
Please note that we will only accept one application per organization in this grant stream.
The submission deadline is Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. Proposals submitted after this date will not be considered.
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE:
If you have any further questions, please e-mail or telephone:
Phone: 416-365-1444 Fax: 416-365-1745
Toll free: 1-866-293-4483 TTY: 416-365-1732
Jacqueline Hall (ext. 231)
Rifka Khalilieh (ext. 223)
The Rebuilding Lives Grants are made possible by the following generous donors to the Canadian Women’s Foundation Violence Prevention Fund:
Major Funding Partners
Canadian Women’s Foundation Violence Prevention Fund:
TD Bank Group, Scotiabank Fund, Assured Natural Distribution, Aimee Quitevis Memorial Fund, Tony McNaughton Memorial Fund, Paula Menendez and Julie Crocker Memorial Fund, La Maison Simons Inc, The Body Shop, Kristin Blakely-Kozman, Ruth Mandel WHO GIVES Fund, Margaret Newall, Giant Tiger Stores Limited
and our many other corporate partners, individual donors, and private family foundations throughout the country.