As we #PressForProgress on gender equality, we can’t know where we’re going unless we know where we stand.
This International Women’s Day, take our quiz and test your knowledge about the most pressing issues for women and girls in Canada.
Each quiztaker will also be entered into a draw for a $250 prize pack:
FULL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY 2018 PRIZE PACK
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- The Contest begins on Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Canadian Women’s Foundation (the “Contest Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in the Contest you must:
- Complete the International Women’s Day quiz page on the official Canadian Women’ Foundation website at https://canadianwomen.org/IWD2018quiz.
- Multiple entries by the same user will only be counted once.
- Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification.
By entering the Contest, you agree to these official rules and regulations (the “Rules”).
All entries are subject to verification.
- All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
- If you opt to use your account via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
- On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries
- Before being declared the winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by email to be notified that they are eligible to win. At that time, they will be provided with a skill-testing question and a release form to sign. The selected entrant must reply with the correct answer to the skill-testing question and with the signed release form by email within one (1) business day of notification and must provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The release form:
- confirms compliance with the contest rules;
- releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within three (3) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the release form within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
- One (1) International Women’s Day 2018 Prize Pack from the Canadian Women’s Foundation (the “Prize”), which includes one (1) one-year premium subscription to Texture; one (1) $100 Giant Tiger gift card; two (2) one-year subscriptions, one for you and one for a friend, to Herizons magazine; six (6) inspirational posters; one (1) baseball cap; six (6) inspirational notecards; and an assortment of decorative pinwheels. Approximate retail value is $250 CDN.
- To redeem your Herizons subscriptions for you and a friend, follow the instructions on the back of the card in your prize pack (it will ask you to email Herizons both names and addresses and that will initiate the free one-year subscriptions).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions.
Upon being confirmed as the winner after meeting the eligibility requirement and successfully completing the winner selection process of correctly answering the skill-testing question and signing the supplied release form, the Contest Sponsor will organize mail-out of the prize pack to the winner.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of
- Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter and/or Instagram accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Contest Sponsor.
- Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void.
- Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of
- Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the
- In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).