Host a Fundraiser: Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for choosing to host a fundraiser for the Canadian Women’s Foundation!
If your question isn’t addressed below, please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-293-4483 ext. 224
- Move out of violence by accessing safe housing, sexual violence support, counselling and legal support
- Move out of poverty by building employment skills, having mentorship opportunities, and break into well-paying fields where women are traditionally underrepresented
- Move into confidence by providing young people with STEM education, media literacy, mentorship and other tools to develop their resiliency
Learn more about our Areas of Impact.
We are happy to do the following to help ensure your event is a success:
- Help you set up a fundraising page
- Promote your event on our social media channels
- Send you flyers or swag to distribute at your event
- Share “About the Foundation” speaking notes or when possible, have a staff person come to speak
We are unable to offer support in the following ways:
- Reimbursement for expenses related to your event
- Administrative support
- Applications for licenses and permits
- Insurance coverage for your event
- Contact information of our donors, sponsors, volunteers, or partners for third-party use
- Assistance with securing sponsorship or ticket sales
- Access to media
Yes, you can request our logo via email. Our logo must be used alongside text that states “This event is in support of the Canadian Women’s Foundation”.
You can create a page directly through our website here. You can make a shortened URL to easily share on your social media pages. If you are having an in-person event, we recommend printing a QR code of your fundraising page to make it easy for people to make a donation.
Our donation forms are secure pages and protect payments with the highest PCI-compliance including Transport Layer Security that encrypt the data when transmitted. You can tell that the donation form is secure when it has a lock icon on the top right-hand corner of the form by the address bar. If you click on the lock icon you will see a message confirming that the page is secure and will display more information on the security certificate.
Your event specifics are up to you! We are here to help you reach your goals – you set your timeframe.
Every gift will help and every dollar counts. Success can also be helping to raise awareness about the work of the Foundation and urgent gender equality issues. We are so grateful for your support and we look forward to celebrating any success you have!