CANADIAN WOMEN’S FOUNDATION ANNUAL GRANTS
These 12-month grants support programs working with women, girls, Two Spirit, trans, and non-binary peoples across all of the Foundation’s pillar areas, including Economic Development, Violence Prevention, Empowering Girls and Leadership.
Organizations can apply for three types of violence prevention grants:
- Teen healthy relationship grants: These 4-year grants support school- and community-based programs that work with young people of all genders, aged 10-19, on learning about dating violence, gender stereotypes, sexual harassment, and how to create safe and healthy relationships.
- Anti-trafficking grants: These 5-year grants support programs for women, girls, Two-Spirit, trans, and non-binary peoples who have been coerced into sexual and/or labour exploitation. These programs build on women’s strengths, supporting them in accessing safety and rebuilding their lives. We also support organizations that are working to coordinate services and deepen their understanding of trafficking in local communities.
- Rebuilding Lives grants: These 3-year grants support programs for women, girls, Two-Spirit, trans, and non-binary peoples to rebuild their lives after experiencing violence, including housing supports, sexual assault and harassment supports, counselling, child witness to violence programs, court/legal supports.
- New in 2020: Safer + Stronger Grants: The Canadian Women’s Foundation has received funding from the Department for Women and Gender Equality to support women’s organizations and other organizations offering significant gender-based violence supports and services to women to:
- Prepare surge capacity to deal with an anticipated influx seeking support as a result of increased gender-based violence during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Support their ability to help address, prevent and reduce gender-based violence during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These 5-year grants support programs for women, Two-Spirit, trans, and non-binary peoples who are living on low incomes to learn a skilled trade, start a business, or gain work experience, with the goal of achieving a sustainable livelihood.
These 4-year grants support programs for girls, Two-Spirit, trans, and non-binary peoples, age 9 to 13 to build confidence, critical-thinking skills, resilience, and a sense of belonging. We also support mentorship programs and strengthen the capacity of organizations that work with girls.
INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAM
These grants assist organizations to support and encourage their growth and participation in the social innovation and social finance ecosystem. The grant program will focus on preparing the ground for new projects to address women’s needs in Canada in various sectors, working with diverse and underserved communities.
MICHELE LANDSBERG COMMUNITY AWARD
The Michele Landsberg Community Award recognizes an organization that is doing exceptional work empowering girls and young women to find their voice and raise awareness about gender equality issues in Canada through media. The award is named after Michele Landsberg, an award-winning Canadian journalist, author, social activist and feminist to acknowledge the tremendous impact that Michele has had as an advocate and role model for all women and girls in Canada.