- Our Story
- Our Work
- Your Money at Work
- Stop the violence
- End poverty
- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- The Facts About Women and Poverty
- The Facts About The Gender Wage Gap In Canada
- The Canadian Women’s Foundation Leadership Institute
- Empower girls
- Inclusive Leadership
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
The Institute – Format and Approach
The 2015/16 cohort of twenty-five emerging and mid-management female leaders will participate in:
Individual leadership self-assessments along with the development of applied leadership action plans that participants will apply directly to their own organizations over their year of involvement in the Institute.
- A nine-day intense in-class residential learning at the Coady Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. This program will run from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm each day, with homework and reflective work in the evenings. Scheduled from Thursday, May 28th, 2015 until Friday, June 5th, 2015, this is a 10-day commitment including travel on Wednesday May 27th, 2015. Classes on the last day will end in the early afternoon to allow participants to travel home from Antigonish when possible.
- Approximately three days of applied learning and action per month from September 2015 to April 2016 which will include:
o participating in online distance learning modules
o completing specific assignments (either individual or group)
o implementing organizational leadership action plans
o working with mentors and coaches and
o participating in webinars and peer-support forums.
- Final in-class residential learning at the Coady Institute for five days from Thursday, May 26th until Monday, May 30th, 2016. This is a six-day commitment in total when including travel time on Wednesday, May 25th, 2016.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop leadership skills. The program is a wonderfully intense learning experience but it is demanding in nature, both in terms of time commitments and expectation to participate in all aspects of the program.
In addition to taking part in the residential learning and distance learning components, participants are expected to demonstrate increased leadership potential within their organizations and apply their learning on the job. Participants are also required to assess their participation and reflect on their learning experience. It is why we are able to offer a certificate from Coady Institute at St. Francis Xavier University to all participants who successfully complete the program requirements.