During our May-long Campaign to End Violence, we're publishing a weekly roundup of impact stories, infographics and resources to raise awareness about violence against women and girls in Canada.
This week is on sexual assault and support for survivors.
- 1,200 sexual assaults a day in Canada is 1,200 too many.
- Only about 10% of all sexual assaults are reported to police – here's why.
- The failure to address sexual violence in Canada has a high price.
- 2/3 of Canadians believe sexual assault survivors.
- Survivors need a voice, no matter when it happened.
- From victim to mentor – read Elizabeth's story.
- No one ever deserves violence.
- What will it take to end sexual violence?
- We may not end sexual violence this month or this year, but helping youth to say “hell no!” or “fuck yes!” is a start.
- Do you know someone experiencing violence? Have a look at our tip sheet to help.
- Survivor or not, here’s how to put yourself first.
- Take the pledge to join GEN1 and help build the first generation free of violence against women and girls.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to have our latest stories and resources sent to your inbox.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to join a national conversation on ending violence.