COVID-19: How your support helps women and girls during the pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic is having anon vulnerable women and girls throughout Canada. Programs and services are seeing a surge in gender-based violence and economic problems and they’re struggling to meet women’s needs.
The situation becomes more urgent by the day.
When you donate to the Canadian Women’s Foundation, you’ll help service providers with:
- delivering critical services to women and girls through our annual and multi-year grants program
- staffing and volunteer shortfalls;
- wraparound support (e.g. childcare, food, transit);
- safety supplies (gloves, masks, cleaning supplies);
- operational costs (rent, utilities);
- digitization of services for physical distancing;
- and more …
We need your help to ensure programs and services can survive, that the most vulnerable women and girls have the supports they need to get through this crisis, and that they have the resources to rebuild their lives in the months ahead.
We recognize that these are uncertain times for everyone. Every gift will help and every dollar counts. We are so grateful for your support at this critical time.
Resetting Normal is a series of reports on gender equality and the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada. The series explores risks to human rights exposed by the pandemic and proposes new ways to build a gender-equal Canada in pandemic recovery efforts.
The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre is warning against scams and fraudulent communications related to COVID-19. Learn more.