If it feels like the news has been moving a little bit faster than normal, you’re not alone. To keep you up to date, here are the gender equality headlines that caught our attention last week.
Highlights: Here’s what we read that expanded our understanding of equality
- How gender stereotypes affect pro-environment behavior
- Why nobody wants to call it ‘stalking’…
- The Legacy of Toni Morrison
#MeToo – the conversation continues
- As A Disabled Woman, I’m Harassed On The Street Daily – Where’s My #MeToo Movement?
- The debate over the Al Franken case reveals #MeToo’s touchy divide
Gun violence is about access to guns, and it’s tied to gender-based violence
- The men behind the US’s deadliest mass shootings have domestic violence — not mental illness — in common
- Read more in our 2018 submission on reducing violent crime: A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons
In Canada: Read more about the pink tax, funding announcements, and more
- Nearly $650K announced to advance gender equality in NWT
- Women are no longer buying the marketing fantasy
- It’s time for the federal government to get serious about child care
to have our latest stories and resources sent to your inbox. Follow us on and to join a national conversation about empowering girls.